Our Foot Doctor
Bhishma Patel, DPM
Pediatric Medicine & Surgery
Dr. Patel's surgical experience covers reconstructive foot surgery, including innovative flatfoot reconstruction using implants torealign the deformities, joint replacements for arthritic conditions, as well as routine surgical correction of ingrown toenails, hammertoes, bunion deformities, excision of neuromas and re-alignment of fractures.
Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital (Kern Hospital) - Warren, Michigan
PSR 24 Podiatric Surgical Residency complete 6/2005
- Chief Resident
- Well rounded in all aspects of conservative and surgical podiatric management
- Outstanding medical training in General Surgery, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, Medicine, Radiology, Pathology, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Vascular Surgery, Wound Care, Pediatrics and Anesthesiology
- Experienced in all aspects of forefoot surgery including but not limited to, HAV, Hallux limitus/rigidus, tailor's bunion, digital deformities, metatarsus adductus, metatarsal osteotomies, pan-met-head resections, surgical correction of brachymetatarsia ( With EBI external fixation), forefoot and midfoot trauma (ORIF and OREF)
- Experienced in all aspects of rearfoot/reconstructive surgery including midfoot/rearfoot osteotomies for correction of cavus/flatfoot, pediatric MBA arthroeresis, tendoachilles lengthening (percutaneous and open), triple arthrodesis, ankle arthroscopy, repair of tendoachilles ruptures, Murphy TA advancement, lateral ankle stabilizations, sinus tarsi and tarsal canal decompression, midfoot and ankle trauma, charcot reconstructions and external fixation frames (llizarov)
- Clinical strengths include lower extremity dermatology, diabetic prevention and wound care, total contact casting, biomechanics/orthotics, and general podiatry
- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital ( Kern Hospital) PSR24 - 6/2005
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dean's letter for Academic Excellence 4 semesters
- Recipient of FPME scholarship
- Social chair - Kappa Tau Epsilon
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine - 5/2003
- Bachelor's of Science Applied Biology, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan 05/1999 with Distinction
- National Board of Podiatric Medicine Exam Part I passed July 2001
- National Board of Podiatric Medicine Exam Part II passed April 2003
- National Board of Podiatric Medicine Exam Part III ( PM Lexus) passed June 2004
- Board Qualified in Forefoot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery June 2005
- Board Qualified in Rearfoot/Reconstructive Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery June 2005
- Alberta Podiatry Association (APA)
- Canadian Podiatric Medical Association (CPMA)
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgens (ACFAS)
- "Determining standard growth rates of E.Coli for vaccination design." Ferris State University - James Hoerter PhD ( Dept. of Biology), 1999
- "Efficacy of Internal and External screw fixation for ankle arthrodesis."
- "Efficacy of ankle arthrodiastasis"
- Kern Hospital resident lecture series and presentations
- Congenital deformities of the foot
- Gunshot wounds to the foot and ankle
- Triple arthrodesis
- Total contact casting
- Charcot reconstruction and how to handle complications
- Sinai-Grace Hospital - Detroit, Michigan
- Diabetic foot care
- General treatment of Diabetic wounds
Sarah has been with Step Ahead since July 2015. She received her Professional Office Administrative Diploma from Campbell College in 2009. Sarah imparts valuable experience gained working in the medical field for over 9 years. Her passion is evident in every call answered.
Sarah enjoys cycling, running and spending time with her grandchildren.
"I strive to make your experience pleasant and professional every visit."
Foot Related Resources:
Not finding what you're looking for? Here are some of our most searched for podiatry services.